Register and leave a deposit shortly See schedule of openings below
Summer classes will run from June 6 to Aug 5.
“Everyone is a good writer. You just have to find it!” -Milan 5th grade (in the middle of his first lesson)
- Does your child need extra support in writing?
- Does your child love to write and want to continue writing under guidance?
Summer writing classes began fifteen years ago to help students who were not learning well from regular classroom instruction. The classes are conducted in small groups of 4 so that students must participate in both discussions of techniques published authors use, as well as giving feedback to peers on writing done for class. Classes take place at my house, 203 Chester St. in Menlo Park (right off of 101 and Willow Rd.). Private and semi-private lessons also available (they do fill quickly).
Summer Classes will begin June 6, 2022
Costs for summer classes (2022):
- 2-week group session (2 hours) M-F: $750
- 1-week group session (2 hours) M-F: $400
- Private tutoring (75 minutes) M-F for 1 week: $650
- Private tutoring (75 minutes) M-F for 2 weeks: $1,250
- Semi-private tutoring (75 minutes) M-F for 1 week: $350 per student
- Semi-private tutoring (75 minutes) M-F for 2 weeks: $700 per student (there will be a slight charge increase for semi-privates that I arrange for you)
The following is a list of steps to register your child for writing workshops.
- Read this overview
- Make a deposit of $100 per student/per session. Registration priority is based on when I receive your deposit.
- Fill out a registration form per student.
- Sign up for my mailing list to receive updates on future classes (possible fall 2022 session).
How I Create Small Groups
Most important to me, is creating small groups that work best for instruction, which means students with similar age levels and instructional needs be grouped together as much as possible. When requesting a time and week, I will contact you if it is the best placement for your child this summer. It is important that you indicate whether you student is a struggling, average or high-achieving writer, and if your child has an IEP or 504. I can then group students carefully for best instruction. Most of my summer students are struggling or average writers. Each summer, I also try to put together a multi-age group of highly motivated writers. If your student has been in my classes before and I mentioned that your child would benefit from this type of group, please remind me and I will try to schedule your student accordingly.